Tuesday, February 5, 2008

:::::::::::::Inviting:::::::::::::

So while I was on my trip in California I had a lot of time to think while I was riding down the coast. I think that one of the more profound thoughts that I had came from "a generous Orthodoxy" by Brian Mclaren. It really wasn't one of his main points but this line struck me.

"always inviting, never coercing"

I wasn't expecting it to be all that profound but it was, and the more I thought about it the more real it became in my mind.

What significance does this line have for our faith? Do we live this? When we "share the gospel" which side do we land on? Meditate on this line, and please share some of your thoughts with me. How does it hit you??????????

-Steb-

1 comment:

Daniel Coutz said...

I like the line. I think we forget to invite a lot though.