Monday, December 10, 2007

Our Greatest Leaders???

What have we as the church done with our greatest leaders?

Think about it, those within the church who are what we would describe as the "most spiritual", or the most highly trained theologically, spiritually, ministry ect, (if we can really say this lol, but you know what I am saying) are the very ones that we completely pull out of everyday life, and isolate them in a church building. On the whole the only contact that a "Pastor", or "professional minister" has with others is in this artificial environment. They have no major contact with the outside world or with the real every day lives of other Followers. Their life is this "ministry" that exists outside of normal life.

What happens when we take our greatest leaders and lock them up in a building?????

1 comment:

Ryan Schmitz said...

I agree, when I was a pastor I was pretty much only around Christians and those people expected me to be the person to reach non-Christians. Pretty ironic.

I like what my pastor use to have in our church bulletin when I was in high school.

Pastor: Hanford Branscombe
Ministers: Every born again believer at this church.

Although the wording my be contested by some, the thought behind this could have a huge impact on the Church as a whole.