Tuesday, November 20, 2007

BO

This past weekend I had the pleasure of traveling to Mentor Ohio with a few of my closest friends to another friends house. There we ate some of most amazing food, and lots of it. Also we engaged in some mutually beneficial conversation with the father of the house, Mark. (a pastor)

On Saturday, we traveled to Mark's church to do some work (raking leaves, building things ect.) Anyways while I was there I came into contact with a very interesting man named BO. First of all I want to make it clear that BO has a big heart, and I believe that he loves Jesus very much. However during my conversation with him, I found that I had been sucked into a trap. Before I knew it I was being "evangelized too", by this middle aged man, wearing his Christian T-shirt, with his Christian music blaring from his car, preaching to me about the Holy Spirit and sanctification, saying praise God, hallelujah every other sentence as if it were some new cuss word. I found this very interesting so I decided that I would be a morally relativistic, agnostic atheist, or something like that, whenever he would tell me something, I would smile and say "wow, I'm really glad that works for you". You can imagine the frustration on BO's face. :) Later he told mark that because of his "gift of discernment from the holy spirit", he could tell that I was not a Christian and that I needed to repent. But I was getting close LOL :)

Looking back I very much enjoyed taking on this role and stepping into the shoes of a "non-Christian". All that I can say is wow. Never once was there any interest in me as a person, or was there any interest in my story, the whole incident involved a dizzying barrage of Christian lingo. I know that if I myself would not have been a follower, then I wouldn't have understood anything that was said to me. I felt more like an Object that had been thrown into some strange culture. It was all so fake......

All I can say is that, if that is Christianity, then I want nothing to do with it. No wonder Christianity is viewed as a joke. And the sad truth is that Bo represents many Christians in America today.
There is something very wrong here.
Today I did not receive the gospel!!!

No comments: