Friday, November 23, 2007

Stolen

Ok last night, something happened while I was sleeping. I guess during the early morning some guys decided to break into my car and................. "borrow" a few things lol Bascially they took my cd player, and all the audio equipment that was in my trunk. In all they probablly took between 1500 and $2,000 worth of equipment, as well as leaving a destroyed lock mechanizm on the passenger side.

But here is the strange part......my reaction. I got up in the early a.m. to go for a morning run. I was all suited up in several layers of thermals, considering that it was 30 degrees out. And when I was stretching I looked over at my car and noticed that the trunk was open. I thought "hum thats strange". But as I walked closer to the car I felt a release. It was freeing experience. But wait thats not right.....

Those stupid punks, who do they think they are, breaking into my car and takeing my stuff, that I enjoy so much, that I had worked so many hours to purchase and put so much time into installing and maintaining. And most likely they are going to sell it and blow it on something stupid. This is so wrong. But it was just so strange that none of this was on my mind, none of this was in my heart.

Some how I didn't feel hatred, revenge, or even anger towards these guys. I actually feel compassion because of this experience with the brokeness of this world. These guys are absolutely broken and they dont even know it. I just wish that I could do something more for them............ I just dont now what.

And as I mentioned earlier, I felt in some way "freed". As Travis Keller mentioned in his recent blog, that we allow so many things to drive a wedge between us and others. I know that historically, this stuff has driven a wedge between me and others, it was been a crutch for me, a way to make friends, a way for me to build and establish my reputation, a way for me to define myself. But no more, its gone!! And with it goes one more distraction from the things in life that really matter. One more material thing that was distracting me from becoming. I can breathe a little deeper because this burden has been taken off my shoulders. I'm free. (I actually have a trunk now lol)

Right now I am just absolutey floored. Three years ago I would have flipped out! I would have called the police and would have plotted how I could catch these guys and give them what they deserve!!! Oh but to think of how far my savior has brought me. Its all him, there is nothing in me that would elicit such a Christ like response. Oh what joy... that the gospel is not just a free ticket to heaven, but it is alive today. Salvation is not just from hell, but salvation is alive in the here and now. We can be saved from sin, and transformed into something so much more, right here, right now. He came not just to get us to heaven, but to restore us to wholeness. How beautiful the gospel is! How beautiful our Savior is!