Saturday, April 12, 2008

???? Words ????

So I have been thinking recently about words. Fun times I know lol. As I read more and more, and discuss and continue to engage in my all consuming pass time of thinking I find that I run into a bit of a problem. I am confronted with words, that are larger or lesser used in out culture. I have tried to take from the wisdom of those who have gone before me who told me that the large ones vocabulary the deeper the understanding and the richer the mind. So i have taken on the onus of this task of trying to expand my vocabulary and descriptive capability.

Now here is my issue in which I expereice a certain sense of trepidation, in order to learn and think with more words one must use them regularly. But what happens when those around you dont use those words, or even worse dont understand them. I want to be pellucid with all in sundry, but still go about learning in a felicitous way. So how does one cultivates ones mind without comming of as arrogant or "better than" those around him/her? How do you develop your speech in an unbiguitous environment not conducive to such and enterprise??????

I hope you get my humor lol :)

4 comments:

Daniel Coutz said...

You can't. You should just conform to those around you. Its inevitable anyway.

Ryan Schmitz said...

Ah, the nomenclature of a burgeoning illuminati is quite voltaic!

Daniel Coutz said...

I second Ryan's comment.

Bennett said...

isn't it weird how when ideas make so much sense in our head, we often struggle to find the correct words to express those clear feelings? That's how amazing our minds are, no matter how many words we poop out, we can't completely verbally illustrate the vastness of our thought processes. It's quite frustrating to me at times.